Cincinnati Teen Challenge is now Cincinnati Challenge Ranch! In the letter below, our Executive Director, George Martin explains:
To: Friends and Family of Teen Challenge Cincinnati
Fr: George Martin
Re: ministry rebranding
You may have already been made aware or are surprised to see by now that we have rebranded. The idea of rebranding TCC has been kicked around for the past six years. Primarily, if not exclusively, for the need to resolve the confusion between the word “teen” and operationally being an adult center ages 18 and up. Those ‘legacy’ supporters, such as myself, both identify with and endear the David Wilkerson Teen Challenge name! No confusion to us – we grew up reading The Cross and the Switchblade!
But the seasons and times change and along with it the need to remain relevant to the population we are called to reach. So, on one hand – 50 years positive, name brand association with David Wilkerson and an established national association (recently rebranded to “Adult and Teen Challenge”). Contrary to this, is the near constant confusion and sometimes viewed as, deceptive implication we are serving youth. This happens regularly, in the court system, in fundraising and most importantly the refusal of a potential intake saying they are not going to a place called “Teen…”!
At the Fall 2021 board meeting, I recommitted that I would establish a
committee and refocus on the rebranding issue. We also put together a
survey to help guide our creative and decision making process. At the
following February 28, 2022 board meeting, we presented a new branding
solution addressing the following:
• Remove brand-actual operations confusion.
• Maintain continuity with roots of where we came from and who we are.
• Remain an accredited affiliation with Adult and Teen Challenge USA.
• Leverage established “Cincinnati” home base.
• Umbrella name so as to combine Men’s & Women’s ministry.
• Create Fresh Look enhancing operational identity.
• Provide an opportunity to reconnect and have a farther reach than our existing donor base and potential intake resources and candidates.
I hope it is clear. We are not launching a new ministry, but simply a new look. Same walk with a new set of clothes. Ever true to our roots.
In His service,
Cincinnati Challenge Ranch